Friday, June 19, 2015

Justice League of America #1

DC actually comes through with the first issue of the new JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA . While not precisely MY versions of these iconic characters, they are the closest any have been for a while. Clark Kent works at the Daily Planet with Lois Lane and still has a secret identity. The League members are all friends and know each other's identities. The costumes are still a little wonky, but close, kids, close. DC had mentioned that after CONVERGENCE they weren't going to worry about continuity, and this comic seems to bear this out. These are not the versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc currently appearing in each hero's regular title. I'll be very interested in seeing where writer/artist Brian Hitch takes this series.

2 comments:

Keith West said...

JLA was my favorite comic when I was kid. I will have to try this one out. The not worrying about continuity does concern me, though.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I'm actually okay with it, Keith, but that's mostly because I don't care for much of DC's current versions of their characters. If I can get something closer to the old JLA, I'll deal with it not being 'canon'.