Thursday, June 25, 2015

The New Adventures of Frankenstein

   Yesterday's mail brought my copy of Don's THE NEW ADVENTURES OF FRANKENSTEIN Vol I. This 730 page er...Monster of a book contains six of Don's novels about everybody's favorite conglomeration of reanimated body parts. In these half dozen fast moving tales, Frankenstein's monster battles Dracula, a werewolf, and even dinosaurs. I had already read these tales in their original publications but these are the author's corrected and preferred editions.
   Don's version of the monster is sort of a cross between Mary Shelly's original creature and the movie versions. If you love the Universal Frankenstein films then you'll really enjoy Don's take on the creature.
   And, if like me, you're a fan of Don's DOCTOR SPEKTOR comics, you'll find the same sorts of adventures here, as well as many connections and references to the good Doctor. Don has always enjoyed linking his stories, be they comics, novels, or movies, and that's something I really enjoy.
   Anyway, this is a fantastic book full of color, action, fun, and scares. Highly recommended. I had pre-ordered my copy directly from the publisher, so mine's autographed from Don to me. You can get it at Amazon.

4 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

It is!

Joe Konrath said...

Charles, send me the cover art for Virgin Zombie so that I may list it on my website. Thank you, good sir!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Will do, Joe.