Sunday, August 14, 2016

Leave Her Wild

   Back in 2014 I reviewed Kasey Lansdale's LP RESTLESS. The CD is still on my desk and a week seldom passes without my listening to the whole album. Now Kasey is back with a new EP called LEAVE HER WILD and I've been listening to it for the last few days. Kasey's roots are still in classic country music, but overlaid here with a bluesy pop sound. As always, Kasey's voice is powerful and self assured.
   If EPs have a message then this one's is hope. From the opening song LIVING IN THE MOMENT to the final cut, OKAY, Kasey sings about rising above life's problems and getting on with your life. As RISE OF THE PHOENIX says, "It's time to rise up from the ashes, take action, I don't fear darkness anymore."
   Not there isn't a detour into regret. Wouldn't be a country album without it. The heroine of the song GHOST laments "And I'm still sleeping with your ghost." This is probably my favorite song on the EP, but, hey, I like sad songs.

   Anyway, I'm constantly amazed at the work of Kasey Lansdale, both in her talent and in her commitment to music. She's one of the hardest working people I know of and she gives her all to every endeavor. You can get LEAVE HER WILD here:


https://www.amazon.com/Leave-Her-Wild-Kasey-Lansdale/dp/B01K91DLV4/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&keywords=kasey%20lansdale&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1471107681&ref_=mp_s_a_1_11&sr=8-11




   And if you want to hear just how amazing Kasey's voice is, check out her cover of Patsy Cline's I FALL TO PIECES here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbBPio8EOQw



No comments: